The mission of the NOC is to safely deliver our Company initiatives, while effectively and efficiently managing operational disruptions, relentlessly maintaining our low-cost advantage, and delivering the highest level of Customer Service that protects the Southwest Airlines brand.
- Designed and built as a hardened facility with 12-inch thick walls and can withstand winds of 165 mph.
- Supports approximately 4,000 flights a day to more than 100 destinations in the U.S. and nine additional countries moving more than 130 million Customers per year.
- Is "home base" for more than 700 Employees including Dispatchers, Meteorologists, Crew Schedulers, and more.
- Execute ATC slot substitution programs and maintain various operational databases.
- Transmit various notifications to the stations during daily operations and ensure that selected weather maps are faxed to stations for distribution to Flight Crews.
- Maintain printed weather NOTAM and field condition information for archival purposes.
- Maintain daily on-going dispatch bulletin.