Frequently asked questions:
There are a variety of opportunities across many departments, from entry level to professional level roles. A few areas that have needs most often are:
- Information Technology
- Technical Operations
- Customer Service
- Administrative Support
- Project Management
What is the Southwest Airlines contract opportunity network?
- It is an online portal used to attract and locate workers who are open to contract, non-permanent work at Southwest Airlines. You will be able to create a professional profile that allows you to search and apply to open contract, non-permanent opportunities at Southwest Airlines. This is the best way to stay up-to-date on contract roles with Southwest Airlines.
I signed up and applied to a position through the Southwest Airlines contract opportunity network but didn’t hear back. What are the next steps?
- You’ll get a phone call if selected to move forward in the hiring process after you submit an application. We encourage you to keep an eye out for other roles you may be interested in and keep applying.
If I receive an offer for a contract position through Southwest’s contract opportunity network, will I be an Employee of Southwest Airlines?
- No, you will not be a Southwest Airlines Employee. If you are offered a contract position through Southwest’s contract opportunity network, you would be an employee of HireGenics, a separate entity from Southwest Airlines.
Will I be eligible for Southwest benefits as a HireGenics contract employee?
- No, you will not be eligible for Southwest Airlines Employee benefits or have non-revenue flight privileges as a contractor. As a HireGenics employee, you will have the option to opt-in to benefits offered by HireGenics (Medical, Dental, Vision).
Am I eligible to apply for both full-time and temporary contract positions at Southwest?
- Yes, you are welcome to apply to full-time opportunities posted on Southwest’s career website, as well as temporary roles posted on our contract opportunity network.
If I have technical difficulties with my profile on Southwest’s contract opportunity network, who can I reach out to for assistance? (This includes issues such as: unable to upload profile information, password/login support, search function is working, etc.)
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the contract opportunity network site, click the blue Question Mark icon (?) at the bottom of your screen. This will allow you to correspond directly with TalentNet’s support group. TalentNet is the entity that manages the contract opportunity network. All technical difficulties and inquiries are handled directly by TalentNet, not Southwest Airlines.